Alright. Blacksmiths. To be honest this is my favorite job in all servers I’ve played. I mean it’s not the first character that I do but I really fall for it. It’s just too tanky considering that it has Skin Tempering that adds +5% Neutral damage reduction. Let’s say there is an incoming 10k attack, and you have raydric, then that 10k damage becomes 7500, You saved 500 damage just because of it’s passive skill. You can even add parasite card to that and turn that 10k damage to 7000.
Other than that, it has Discount, Overcharge, and Vending which made me use it MOST of the time since I used to be trader. By the way, for SKILL BUILDS, please refer to this post.
PVP: 5/5; MVP: 3/5; WoE: 4/5;
Recommended for: People With Slow Reflexes like me. Tank Lovers.
“In woe, it’s… Hammafall! Hammafall! Hammafall!… In PVP it’s… LET’S DUEL… FADE!… 11111111111111111”
My favorite build. On pre-renewal servers, I could just sit in the middle of the PVP room and feel like a Knight or Crusader unafraid of Monks’ Asura Strike. Though Crusaders and Knights are still more efficient Tanks, so you shouldn’t really be in the front line. In this server, Monk’s Asura Strike are boosted since you could choose not to level up DEX anymore and put those stats to INT which also speeds up the cast time. So… yeah, in this server, I’m just unafraid but would still die of it hehe.
My suggested role for this will be for WOE. Go and tank the warp portals and spam Hammerfall. Let your Wizards and Hunters kill your victims.
As a Tank, you’re going to focus on VIT and AGI (FLEE). I suggest a total of 100 Vit though, or 80 vit + Stalactic Golem Card as preparation once the Chixilog Dancers Arrive. They are so annoying. But in my planned stats below, I didn’t go for 100 VIT since I’m going for PVP more rather than WoE. If you have questions to why I have 70 Dex, you can watch the SECOND video below.
Suggested Stats: Str 50-70; Agi 50-80; Dex 30-70; Vit 50-90;
My Plan Stats: Str 50; Agi 76; Vit 70; Dex 70;
Pros: Well Balanced, Tanky in WOE, HAMMAFALL!, Can Easily Reach 190 ASPD,
Cons: Can’t Kill Tanks, Mammonite is Costly
Poo Poo Hat or RoB, Angel Spirit, Pantie Set or CM/Manteau, Cranial Guard/Buckler, Marc Card for WoE
Sample Equipment Progress
Why those weapons? Checkout this Weapon Comparison Experiment…
PVP: 3/5; MVP: 5/5; WoE: 5/5;
Recommended for: Battle-hungry gamers. Target-killers.
“THIS IS MADNESSS!!! DIE HOOMAN!”
“First of all, what is Butcher?” I just learned this term this year and I learned that Butchers are the Build, built for killing. Good for farming too but they are not usually built for 1 v 1 Battles. Best paired with Devo Crusaders. They enter WoE and kill those paper or low-vit jobs like Hunter, Low-Vit Assassins, Wizards, and sometimes even Priests. Just target these jobs unless you have a devo and then you can fight Tanks too. The planned stats below were Kamonway’s stats but with a little modification since I don’t agree with LUK.
Anyway, as Butcher, you are going to focus on STR and AGI. Average VIT and below average DEX, just enough to hit opponents or stun low VIT opponents.
Suggested Stats: Str 70-90; Agi 50-90; Vit: 30-70; Dex: 38 – 60;
My Plan Stats: Str 75, Agi 80, Vit 51, Dex 59;
Pros: Fast Kill, HAMMAFALL!, Can Easily Reach 190 ASPD;
Cons: Loses against Tanksmith, Mammonite is Costly;
Pantie Set, Bloody Boned 2H Axe, Raydric Card, Matyr/Verit/Hermes, Brooch/UPG_Clip of Muscle
Tanksmith VS Butcher Experiment
This is why I had to change my Tanksmith’s DEX from 50 to 70. Because 50 DEX misses a lot. My opponent here is a Butcher.
But wait! There’s more. Not because Butcher loses to Tanksmith in PVP, means it is a bad build. Check this input by Sir Oliver Toto Gabuna:
“I Would like to give inputs on Butcher builds since it is the build that was most successul when I was playing pRO 2004+ . Claim to fame is 3rd WS to reach level 99 in pRO Chaos and a very active WoE player in pRO 2004-2008. This GUIDE IS VERY VERY GOOD, but it is geared towards PVP builds. IMHO A Butcher BS is a WoE BS.
1. Butchers use Bucklers. In WoE, no Thara means death, unless naka GTB ka.
2. A BS is not an efficient tank. 99VIT will roughly give you ~12k HP, An AGI Knight is a better tank. The VIT to HP conversion as well as not so high end armors favors the Knight over the BS.
3. At this stage, Mammonite, if built right (aka butcher) has the best DPS in game. It means you can kill fast in short bursts. On offense, do not enter a pre-cast area, let knights go in and tank the damage. 2nd wave ka, locate your target/s (my favorites are Wiz, Monk, Assassin… stay away from the Rogue). You will die, because you are not a tank but in return you will be taking down 2-3 important pieces of WoE defensel.
4. On defense, you not only HF, you also Mammonite … you can take down a knights if meron kang kasamang SG na tumatama.
5. WoE is about zeny, the more zeny you burn the better you are. PVP is about skill.
6. Stat totals of a WoE Butcher BS is 100STR 80AGI 60VIT 50DEX (includes skills and equips)
7. The BS lifespan is short, next patch, when transcendants arrive, the Whitesmith will initially do well, but the Creator (trans of Alche) will out power all killer classes. Attaching the pic of the report of the 1st 10 99 WS in Chaos 2004. From what I remember of those 10, 2 a VIT (CED and UCKA, rest at Butchers or Hybrids). Clang Clang +1″
There may be some points which are a little bit contradicting to the article as I wrote Tanksmith. I also experienced this as I have played BS on most servers. I agree it has the best DPS among all, but to think, in this server, STR is highly nerfed, so it is still a question for me if Butchers on Bucklers actually deal significant damage with 100 STR as in this server, STR is nerfed and Carded Orcish Axe is around 30% Weaker than pre-renewal. That is why even Butcher Thais in THRO use Two-Handed on PVP and WoE.
PVP: 0/5; MVP: 0/5; WoE: 0/5; — Is this even a question?
Recommended for: People who are going to invest time making money first before playing the REAL game.
“The Only Gamble I know that actually profits…”
Hey, seriously? You really have to ask for this? It’s pretty basic. All you have to do is leech it until 99. Forge Weapons for the people and earn through risk. A Ranked level 90+ Forger earns around 2m-10m every day. If not ranked, and unpopular, it earns hardly 500k+ a day. If you are `Muramasa who is both popular and level 99, he earns around 30-40m a day LOL.
“Why? What’s with being level 99?”
– Higher chance of forging since he has 99 dex 99 luk.
Suggested Stats: 99 Dex; 99 Luk; 9 Str;
My Plan Stats: ???? Is this even a question?
Pros: It earns well if the forging community is not too crowded.
Cons: It’s addictive. Money is addictive, once you stick to it, it’s hard to give it up until you forget the main reason you are playing the game = for PVP/MVP/WOE.
Required Equipment: Indonesian Beret, Paper Hand, Poring Card Armor, 4x Lunatic Card Weapon or MJOLNIR LOL.
Actually, the real end-game weapon for forger is MJOLNIR. Anyway, if you have any questions, violent reactions, feel free to comment below. I’ll remind you again, these Stats are not the BEST. Best is subjective in a game where rock beats scissors, and scissors beat paper, but paper beats rock. God Bless and have fun!
- Hi I'm the Admin. A dev, designer, and an avid Ragnarok Player. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.