This is a basic guide to one of the more popular classes in pRO: the Knight. Knights are usually found in the frontline of every party, siphoning aggression away from members while also dealing decent damage. Knights have the highest HP out of all the classes and are capable of equipping items with high defense. A good knight knows when to go aggressive against mobs and also knows when to pull back to get patched up or protect the backline.
Suprisingly enough, the knight is a very flexible class and there are a dozen variations to its stat and skill builds but we will only be focusing on the general build outline. As a knight you have a choice to go Agi Knight or Vit Knight or any combination in between.
1. Bowling Bash Knight
PvP: 4/5; PvM: 5/5; WoE: 4/5;
Recommended for: Rich mainstream farmers… Not recommended for poor newbies since equips are EXPENSIVE.
“It’s the best character in revo-classic, until you get hit by an Asura Strike.”
BB Knights are very simple to use in PVM. Activate your two-hand quicken and kill everything around you, one by one. It’s highly recommended to use Awakening or Berserk Potions to increase your attack speed even more! You always want your ASPD to be as high as possible so you can kill single-targets faster. And when you find yourself surrounded by a group of enemies, go wild with bowling bash. Note that Dex also affects the delay of bowling bash. Having high dex also makes you effective in PVP/WOE so you can hit those high-agi players.
Currently, my Knight has 20 int + 10 with blessing so I get +5 SP regeneration every 8 seconds. Also, At 20 int, Blue potions heal 40% more. That means you could save 40% more blue potions. Your supposedly 1.4m BSB investment would only be 1m. I also don’t recommend going lower than 30 Vit as it saves a lot of potions and decreases incoming damage. In Revo-classic, VIT Def is more important than Hard Def since it’s hard to improve Hard Def in this server except with Over-upgraded UPG Equips.
Suggested Stats: Str 60-90, Agi 30-90, Vit 30-70, Int: 0-30; Dex 40-50;
My Plan Stats: Str: 70; Agi: 70; Vit: 70; Int: 20; Dex: 51;
Pros: Insane damage potential due to high attack speed; Will not require too many potions to level-up early-on due to high flee; Will gain access to the excellent mobbing skill – Bowling Bash;
Cons: Mediocre PVP Damage, but who cares? You can kill anyone anyway… except Tanks. EXPENSIVE EQUIPS.
Required Equipment: Ice Claymore, (Any Element) Full Plate, Immune Manteau, Green Greaves;
2. Spear Knight
PvP: 1/5; PvM: 4/5; WoE: 5/5;
Recommended for: Tanks, Role-Players or those who love being in a Party.
VIT knights are more skill-reliant since they can’t depend on their normal attack speed to quickly kill enemies. Rather Vit knights choose to pierce enemies to kill them fast. You’ll find it easier and faster to take down a high HP monster so long as their size is large (case in point: with the right equips you can kill a High Orc with 2 Pierce). Mobbing is a good option too, since Brandish Spear consumes less SP than Bowling Bash. In WOE a good tank is necessary to succeed.
Suggested Stats: Str 80-90; Agi 1-30; Vit 80-90; Dex 40-50;
My Plan Stats: Str 80; Agi 30; Vit 91; Dex 50;
Pros: Against the proper enemy, can deal high damage to single targets with Pierce, Great survivability due to high HP and defense;
Cons: VERY reliant on Potions or Party (both HP and SP), Slower attack speed compared to the Agi Knight;
Required Equipment: (Elemental) Full Plate, 3x Minorous Trident. Immune Manteau
3. Crit Knight
PVP: Refer to BB; MVP: Refer to BB; WoE: Refer to BB;
Recommended for: WoE BB Knights with Muramasa and are in the Mood For Lazy Leveling…
“Alright, I just want to click and kill..”
Crit knights rely on the two-hand sword Muramasa (Critical rate + 30, ASPD + 8%) to deal critical damage to single-target enemies. This stat build used to be really popular back in the day but now CRIT no longer ignores defense but instead deals 1.4x damage. However since the advent of the Sage class and the ability to endow weapons with an element, Muramasa Knights can now stand toe-to-toe with the BB Knights in terms of DPS. Take note that Bowling Bash does not deal critical damage and this stat build is highly focused on getting fast single-target kills.
Luk is actually an underrated STAT. In revo-classic, Luk is boosted as it gives ATK, MATK, and resistances to Status Effects especially Curse. At 30 LUK, according to my experiments to renewal Private Servers with 255 Max base Stat, 300 LUK gives immunity to FREEZING. Seriously, no one gets frosted there, the thing is it does not stack with Note Headphones 10% Resist or MDEF Freezing Resist. Therefore, at 30 LUK, you get +10 Attack, 30% Resistance to Curse and +10% Resist to other Status Effects such as Stone Curse and Freezing (doesn’t stack).
Suggested Stats: Str 60-90, Agi 60-90, Vit 30-70, Int: 0-30; Dex 30-50; Luk 0-45;
My Plan Stats: Str: 70; Agi: 80; Vit: 60; Dex: 42; Luk: 31;
Pros: …You can just hit and Kill.
Cons: You should avoid getting mobbed or else you should BB them.
Required Equipment: Muramasa, Snake Head Hat or +7 Skull Hood or even better +9 Wanderer’s Sakkat, 2x Kobold Brooch
- Snake Head Hat – chance to perform Double Attack level 5 with every attack. Makes AGI Knights very very deadly. Also very useful in levelling-up in the early stages.
- Peco Peco Headband – increases movement speed and attack speed. You may want to use this if you’re going for a Bowling-Bash oriented build since it allows you to accumulate mobs faster (yes, it stacks with your movement speed bonus while on a Peco Peco)
- Zaha Doll Hat – allows you to cast Magnificat (increases HP and SP recovery rate). If you don’t want to spend so much on blue potions, you can give this headgear a try.
- Angel Spirit – Hit +15 STR +2. The bonus hit definitely helps conserve putting points into DEX.
- Fish-in-Mouth – increases the heal amount from Delicious Fish and gives a chance to drop Delicious Fish from each kill. This should replace your HP potion needs.
- Scissor Hand Model – AGI + 1
- Rock Hand Model – STR + 1
- Pantie (with Undershirt) – Equipping Pantie with Undershirt (armor) gives you +10 flee and AGI + 5 so it more than makes up for the low defense; the two items themselves are relatively cheap so you can target this as your initial investment. VIT knights don’t need to bother with this item.
- Mocking (Whisper Card) Hood/Muffler/Manteau – Flee +20; Just don’t expect to dodge everything especially when being mobbed.
- Immune (Raydric Card) Hood/Muffler/Manteau – Damage from neutral-property attacks -20%; This would be a better late game choice since you can’t dodge everything in the higher levels and the damage reduction helps when you’re being surrounded. An absolute must for VIT Knights.
- Undershirt (with Pantie) – Use this only when you have Pantie equipped (see above),
- Hard (Pupa Card) Chain Mail/Full Plate – Pupa Card will give you +700 HP
- Ares (Peco Peco Card) Chain Mail/Full Plate – Peco Peco Card will give you Maximum HP + 10%. So only use this if and when your base HP hits 8000, otherwise you’re better off with the +700HP from the Pupa Card
- Soul Collector’s (Earth Deleter) Chain Mail/Full Plate – Natural SP Recovery = 0 but gain 10SP each time an enemy is killed. Drains 100SP as the armor is unequipped. This is a very good alternative to blue potions, especially if you’re mobbing monsters.
- Carded Elemental Armors – research what monsters lurk in the area you want to go to and buy the appropriate armor for that place. Yes, you have decent HP, but it’s still always best to minimize damage from spells. Take note that these armors reduce the damage from spells, not from the normal attacks of the monsters. So if you have Water Armor equipped, the Swordfish’s Water Ball spell will deal less damage to you but the armor will not reduce the damage from the monster’s normal attacks.
- Soul-Enchanted (Sohee Card) Sandals/Shoes/Boots/Greaves – Max SP + 15%; SP Recovery + 3%. Budget carded gear; I’d just go with sandals if you want to wear this. What you’re after here is the Max SP + 15%
- Fledged (Verit Card) Sandals/Shoes/Boots/Greaves – Max HP and SP + 8%
- Green (Matyr Card) Sandals/Shoes/Boots/Greaves – Max HP + 10% AGI +1
- Sandals/Shoes/Boots/Greaves of Hermes (Male Thief Bug Card) – Agi +2
- Matyr’s Leash – Agi + 1; very cheap
- Belt/Clip of Mustle (Mantis Card) – STR+3
- Kukre Card or Spore Card Belt/Clip – Agi + 2
- Belt/Clip of Flash (Yoyo Card) – Agi + 1, Perfect Dodge + 5
- Roast-Scented (Spring Rabbit Card) Belt/Clip/Brooch – increases the heal amount from Meat and gives a chance to drop Meat from each Brute Monster killed. A good alternative to potions or the fish-in-mouth
- Elemental Claymores/Lances – Make sure you research beforehand what elemental weapon you need for a certain area. Using elemental claymores will greatly increase the damage you deal to certain monsters, so these are definitely worth the investment! Afraid that you may not be able to afford one? Fear not, Loki’s community forger is here to help! Note that you don’t have to buy VVS (very very strong) elemental weapons as the damage difference between the VVS and non-VVS is rather small.
- Muramasa – the weapon of choice of CRIT Knights, ASPD+8% CRIT+30
- Very Very Very Strong Claymore/Lance – VVVS weapons have no element but do gain +40 ATK (plus an additional +10 if your forger is in the top 10)
- Properly-Carded Two-Hand Sword/Claymore/Halberd/Trident – Some monsters don’t have an elemental weakness so you’ll have to research on what cards to place in your weapons for maximum damage in the area you’re trying to level in. For example: using 2 Orc Lady Cards on a Two-Handed Sword  means I can now deal greater damage to Orcs.
- VIT Knight in Loki.